Friday, July 15, 2005

Why blog?

I could say that I finally gave in to my good friend who started his own blog months ago. He brought the subject up once again today so I burned up 3 hours and got started.

I could say that I was inspired by the "PostSecret" blog project...and I am inspired. I want to send my own postcard in so badly, but I will probably never be brave enough. Maybe it would be cathartic to put my biggest secret out there, but there is something sad about the fact that I do not have a real person in my life that I can share it with so I have to put it out there for thousands of total strangers. Not just total strangers - I have friends that I know read it. So they would be reading - and judging - and wouldn't know it was me, but I'd know. Too weird...think I'll save it.

So then why? Don't know for sure...
Possibility 1: Look at me! Look at me!
Possibility 2: My insatiable need to be liked... several people have asked if I blog so maybe I am doing this to be "in"
Possibility 3: I wanted to be able to pour my heart out in a public place and therefore feel like I have put the truth "out there" - figuring no one will actually read it so I could really be intimate - but secretly hoping that someone is reading it.

Pathetic, but whatever the truth is, it's probably closest to #3.

Why did I call it "Ask me something deep"?
Truthfully, because a lot of other ideas I thought up were already taken. But seriously, since I was 12 I have found writing down my thoughts and rereading them, even just a few hours later, helps me gain perspective. So ask me something deep...

Hint: "Deep" does not mean "random".

3 Comments:

At 1:48 PM, Blogger Bart Treuren said...

hi ann, nice post as one of your first on your blog... there's a world to be explored in this way but be careful, a lot can be lost as well...

my question for you, probably the deepest, soul searching and most personal...

"who are you"

keep well,
bart

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Zanla said...

Hey there! Want to know the reason that you are attracted to blogging? Maybe it is because you have so much that you want to say that you have been bottling up for years and years, that you needed to release it or explode all over everyone around you (and not in a good way). Just my guess from knowing you for the past (GOOD LORD) 16 years.

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger allysther said...

I find that I blog for a combination of the three possibilities (wow, I've never noticed what a fun word that is to type!). My blog is such a mixed up collection of photos and thoughts (deep and shallow), that I sometimes see it as a visual representation of my mind at any given moment.

I look forward to your explorations.

And I agree that post secret is one of the most inspiring sites out there right now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




create your own visited country map or check our Venice travel guide