Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Married and bored or Single and lonely?

The great philosopher Chris Rock once said, "You get two choices in life: Married and bored or Single and lonely".

What he didn't know about, nor did I until recently, was that you can actually combine the two. I have managed to do that.

*Sigh*

I almost had a date for tonight...but then I chickened out. Am I wrong or is their something weird about going on a first date with someone on Valentine's Day? Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me. Especially when you get this line up front: "If I am not back by midnight, I cannot go back before 6 AM".

So tonight I get to spend Valentine's Day married and bored and single and lonely. Luckily, I am fairly certain that I have one more envelope of instant mac and cheese left.

I'm not depressed...I have an evening of men's figure skating and self gratification ahead of me...I just feel a little pathetic. I did the typical woman thing. I wanted guys to just flock to me with their Valentine's Day wishes. I imagined flowers on my desk and various offers for dinner. Instead I got one call saying "Why didn't you call me?" and I just got one sweet SMS, but I had to write to him first.

Oh..WAIT a minute...SMS guy and three friends want to take me out...man this "taking action" thing is no bullshit.

See ya!

1 Comments:

At 3:45 PM, Blogger Bart Treuren said...

chris rock forgot "married and excruciatingly lonely..."

don't forget... action, not reaction...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




create your own visited country map or check our Venice travel guide