Friday, August 05, 2005

If a tree falls in the forest...Part 2

To Allysther...

I saw my dad and I am fine. He is 72 now and I'm not 10. We have spoken...in-person, telephone or otherwise...a total of 5 times in 12 years and the distance works.

Yes, I find it hard to be supportive of people who are "trying" to get pregnant and are telling the world. Tell me what you did in the bathroom at the fancy restaurant, but if you say the word "ovulate" that's it - I'm outta there!

To Zanla...
I will be seeing my sister in-person tomorrow when we both arrive in Kentucky for my Nana's 90th birthday. So far this has been a totally email battle, which I think is part of the problem.

To Bart...
The interesting thing in my victim/victimiser situation is that no one meant any harm at all. It's just how things played out. There are no villains here and that makes it hard. There is some kind of human necessity to affix blame and something feels wrong when you can't.

1 Comments:

At 3:08 AM, Blogger Zanla said...

How did it go with your sister? The parent level is whole different story. You are the woman that you developed on your own, not the child that they labeled.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




create your own visited country map or check our Venice travel guide