Sunday, March 05, 2006

Why am I afraid of the "wrong" people reading my blog?

Zanla wrote:
"1) Why are you afraid that your mother will find out what you think; and 2) What scares you the most about your mother finding your blog?"

It's not just about my mother...

The truth is, I am able to be more honest to complete strangers than I am to most of my friends and relatives. I think this is true for most people.

I have a persona that = "daughter" and a different one for "co-worker" and another for "sister" and most of those have nothing to do with the person you would imagine me to be from reading this blog.

I don't think this is anything special about me, it's just how life is.

What is special about me is that difference in personas is really great and it would be hard for people who know me in one capacity to believe that I wrote this stuff. And I don't want to have them believe it. I keep these parts of my life separate for darn good reasons.

So everyone, let's just keep this under wraps...ok? Thanks.

4 Comments:

At 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder how many bloggers have been blackmailed for sexual favors. That sounds kind of hot. Totally impractical due to the distances involved, but still very hot....

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger parry malm said...

Hey Ann, I checked out your blog after you commented on mine, interesting interesting. I gave my parent's my blog site, but it seems only their cat writes messages.

I'm very interested in what you're doing in Sarajevo, I'm set to graduate with a BBA in a couple of months and would love to put it to use in a developing country like Bosnia... I'd appreciate a heads up or whatever when you have a sec, my email is parrymalm@gmail.com

Anyways take 'er easy, bundle up, but it's not that cold there... mind you that's coming from a Canadian! :)

 
At 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't really have anything to say to the comment above mine but, in regards to your blog entry, I totally hear you, sister. I keep two seperate blogs for that reason. When I traveled South East Asia I wrote my personal thoughts in my blog and gave the address to lots of people and later wondered if I was really okay with it. I now have a family blog and a close friends blog and I write quite different things in each. I am, however, trying to merge my personas if only because it allows me to live more freely.

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Holy crap...I think paranoia is setting in...is this anonymous comment above from my actual sister? He/she called me sister...and my sister has traveled extensively in South East Asia...and she has recently put up a "family" blog. Wait...he/she was not sarcastic or insulting and therefore, cannot possibly be my sister...whew!

Anyway, from now on, whenever someone e-mails me with their new "family" website, I am gonna go on an all out Google serach to find the "real" blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




create your own visited country map or check our Venice travel guide