Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Who would believe this?

"It's very ... very ... important that we talk. Preferably someplace in private". -H

Read my August 17th post or this summary first:
August 5, male "friend" confesses love for me, I tell him that it's not mutual. He acts like it's cool because I am "damaged goods" anyway. Then he calls me up on August 17 to talk and the point of the talk is to say "goodbye". After attempting to get me drunk, he attempts to rape me. So good riddance. I gave away the most valuable thing he ever gave me - a Nintendo Game Cube that he played more than anyone else, and never heard from him again...

...until today when he sends me that message. So I'm curious, but I am too smart to fall for that...um...Obviously you don't know me if you believe that!

I agree to meet him in a public place. I drove myself there and refused to drink anything other than water, which I watched like a hawk (I may have failed to mention that I went to a strip club with this guy where "somehow" my drink was drugged - to my knowledge, nothing happened).

What did he want?

After saying he was sorry, he asked me to apologize for enticing him. I refused. He tried again to get me to admit my attraction for him. I told him that I flirt will all men - seriously, just about all. He said, "well I know that it is different with me". Holy SHIT! How crazy is he? So I calmly try to explain that I am not going to apologize for his imagination. Of course, he believes I am the one that does not want to come to grips with the truth. You cannot win this kind of argument.

So I am there with him for about an hour and over the course of that time, I find out that while he was at a mutual friends' wedding in Vegas, he told the friend - who was about to get married, mind you - and at least 2 other male friends about the *mistakes* that he and *I* had made together.

WHAT!!!???!!!

As I demanded to know what he had exactly told our friends, a smirk went across his face. I immediately got up and left (throwing enough cash on the table to pay for my meal and not his). I drove home fuming. Of course he told them that he had had an affair with me. He wanted "first teller" advantage. Now if I ever told my side of the story it would sound like I was the one who was making everything up. I'm sure he told them that *he* ended things. That way if I said he tried to rape me, he would just say I was just upset about being dumped.

So the next morning, I have an email from him that says:
"I haven't thrown you out. Maybe we'll get the chance to come out of our corners to duel again someday." -H

I love the "thrown you out" phrase. Like he possesses me somehow and therefore would get to make that decision.

I haven't replied to this message and I plan to never have any contact with him again. I want so badly to set everything straight with my friends who now think I'm a tramp, but these are not people that I see that often so 1) Why should I bother? They are not a part of my life and 2) How would the conversation go? "Hi, I know you haven't heard from me in 3 years, but I just want to let you know I am not screwing H".

So I guess I just have to keep hoping for this Bosnia thing to come through so I can get the hell out of town.

1 Comments:

At 2:29 PM, Blogger Zanla said...

What the heck are you thinking seeing this guy again. Public place? Who cares? You know that you do not encourage the criminal mind. What, all of a sudden he is going to become a decent person? NOT! Seriously, you know better. Yep, he told a lie about you. Don't even say that you trusted him, because you didn't. Never let this guy hear your voice again. That is, unless it is you testifying against him at his trial.

Oh, and "Hi, I'm back."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




create your own visited country map or check our Venice travel guide