Sunday, March 19, 2006

I think I need to grow up...

Last night, I agreed to accompany an aquaintence to pick up a new transfer at the airport (these are Army people). It seemed like a boring prospect, but I was hoping to get to shop at the PX on the base.

Cutting to the chase, I ended up at Karaoke, beating a marine at darts, heading off-base to a club, downing half a liter of black berry vodka stright out of the bottle, dancing for hours, being accepted by the local "working girls", lost my passport (which I found), getting home at 11 a.m. the next day (today). The lack of mention of eating is not an oversight - I didn't even eat lunch yesterday. I didn't get to the PX but I stole a box of Apple Jacks from an Air Force photographer, so all in all, a success.

I woke up this evening after 5 hours of sleep and I feel like I have been beaten with a baseball bat. I am not hung over, I am in physical pain. I cannot lift my arms at all. The dancing is what got me. I had a ton of work to do today and I cannot even make myself start it.

Honestly, I thought I had moved past being capable of this kind of behavior. I think this was a reaction to an unhappy anniversary for me. I was trying to crowd the thoughts out of my head, which of course didn't really work.

Just got a call from the star player of the Bosnian national team wanting me to come over to watch basketball...so I'm heading out. Maybe if I make this weekend a little more painful, I will actually learn from it...

1 Comments:

At 7:33 PM, Blogger The Husskateer said...

I think those kind of weekends are acceptable once and a while. We are only young once, right? And at the very least, you got a box of Apple Jacks out of it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




create your own visited country map or check our Venice travel guide